Jobs and Careers
The Academy and our partners are always looking for extra hands to help, and providing opportunities
for careers. We offer a multitude of jobs and are always finding job opportunities within the Community and Social justice sector.
View our jobs as assessor or volunteer, or view all jobs available within the community & social justice sector.
|Job Title||Application Form||Job Description||Job Specification|
Description NVQ Assessors are required to support people working towards National Vocational Qualifications. They need to ensure that applicants meet the standards needed to achieve these qualifications. These professionals identify skills that people have and focus on areas that they need to improve. They supervise people at work and provide feedback about standards that are not being met in their duties.Tasks NVQ Assessors usually perform many of the following tasks: • Creating reports about applicants. • Supervising people on their job • Giving advice to candidates. • Attending meetings with other professionals.• Testing candidates with non-standard situations Skills• Being able to work with candidates from different backgrounds.• Having good communication skills.• Being supportive and patient.• Being able to work alone or with a team• Having interpersonal abilities.• Being able to create accurate reports.• Having interest in helping people to develop.• Being tactful and patient.• Being able to clearly explain complex topics.
• Being well organised. Education NVQ Assessor jobs require applicants having experience and subject knowledge in the occupational sector and a Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment, Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, or Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement. External assessors will need a Level 3 External Quality Assurance Qualification and a V1 internal assessor qualification. Internal verifiers require Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, and Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
|Send us an email and
Include your CV
Assessor Job Specification
Why work for us?
- We recognise and value the contribution that each person brings to the team.
- Our organisation encourages our staff through offering support to everyone in the team.
- We believe in a culture of taking responsibility rather than blame.
- We embed transparency in our business through communication.
- We are committed to work life balance for our staff.
- We offer Opportunities to advance your career.
To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued. Each employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all where no form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated. Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff. Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense. We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.