The London Stansted Training Academy offers courses that build a foundation for your future endeavors. With a LEVEL 3 – CERTIFICATE IN SUPPORTING SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE you will be able to apply successfully to this vacancy
Salary: £22,500.00 Per Annum plus 25 days Annual Leave Per Annum, Pension schemes, Staff discounts
Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Tower Hamlets
Hours: 40 hours.
Published on: Wed 24/05/2017 11:35 AM
Closing on: Wed 07/06/2017 23:55 PM
Tower Hamlets Community Intervention Service provides person-centered support in the community to 221 customers across the borough from the age of 16 upwards. The service operates 7 days a week, including a drop in service Monday-Friday. Support is provided on an appointment basis in customers’ own homes or in the community to address a range of support needs, including; crisis intervention, domestic violence, substance misuse, offending, mental health, homelessness, and learning difficulties.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Provide structured support and guidance to other front line staff in their area of expertise
- To lead groups and activities – offering a range of appropriate therapeutic and recovery focused interactions and activities
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures. Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.