View all of the latest jobs available, register for one of our qualifications should you wish to work within the community & social justice sector. We provide training should you not have the necessary qualification. Contact us now!
Location Tower Hamlets
Salary £21,500 – £22,000 Per Annum
Hopetown is a large women’s only project which provides both long and short term accommodation to women who are rough sleeping, homeless or threatened with immanent homelessness, across three stages within the hostel. Within the hostel, there is a specialist team, which provides more intensive, higher frequency support, to those women who present with more complex needs. Support in this service is delivered by a smaller team of Specialist Support Workers and is managed by a Specialist Team Leader.
The service operates a model of personalised support and the team work with customers to address their support needs in a holistic way, with a view to supporting them back into general needs housing in the community when they are ready to do so. You must be able to work with complex female customers who have a variety of support needs ranging from low to high and complex needs, which could include substance use, mental health, domestic violence or sex working and dual diagnosis.
This is a great opportunity for Specialist Support Workers to join the team in an dynamic all women’s service. This role is a pronounced opportunity of future development in a fast paced and challenging environment; offering a variety and a range of learning opportunities.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Provide structured support and guidance to other front line staff in their area of expertise
- To lead groups and activities – offering a range of appropriate therapeutic and recovery focused interactions and activities
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures. Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
Contact us for more information