This job requires
Salary £35,208 – £40,840 Per Annum
Location Camden, London
Closing Date 30/07/2017
Recruitment Agency Indeed
About the role
We are seeking two Independent Domestic & Sexual Violence Advocates (IDSVA) to join our team to provide a pro-active service to women and men identified as being at high risk of imminent harm as a result of domestic abuse or sexual violence or exploitation, particularly in relation to the range and suitability of appropriate options available to improve their safety and any children in their care.
The successful post holders will be required to assess risks and deliver specialist interventions for victims of domestic violence and abuse (DVA) & sexual violence (SV) and their families, and others impacted by cases where appropriate, taking responsibility for their recovery and reducing the risk of harm and homicide. You will deliver high quality services adhering to national professional standards to provide effective multi-agency safety intervention packages to victims, their children and across case networks.
You will develop positive working relationships with partner agencies to ensure that the service works in ways that promote the safety of victims and children as a priority, and to challenge attitudes and beliefs that excuse or collude in domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of working in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence and carrying a caseload
- Experience of working in a health service setting
- Ability to work diplomatically and collaboratively with other officers and staff with commitment to team working to reconcile the interest of disparate organisations, work collaboratively and creatively to deliver outcomes identified
- Strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and complex situations
- Hold a SafeLives/CAADA IDVA training certificate, or a relevant degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience, or a vocational qualification, or be willing to undertake relevant study, dependent on availability of external training
More key requirements can be found in the job profile for this role.
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check