This job requires
Salary 24,147 – 31,515 Per Annum
The Council’s Housing Directorate is looking for an experienced Domestic Abuse Officer to work within its Housing Anti-Social Behavior Team.
This is service aims to provide a high profile, frontline, proactive and reactive response to all aspects of Housing Domestic Abuse. The role requires knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse issues and the needs of those affected by it.
Duties include but are not confined to:
- To act as an expert consultant to housing staff across the directorate in relation to domestic abuse
- To support housing officers in their assessment and interventions with families where domestic abuse is a dominant feature
- To contribute to raising awareness and understanding about the impact of domestic abuse across the housing service
- To promote effective communication and joint working between Housing and all local statutory bodies and voluntary sector groups dealing with domestic abuse
The ideal candidate should have:
- Ability to work on own initiative and in multiple teams
- Prioritisation and Time Management skills
- Experience of working within a domestic abuse environment