This job requires
Salary £26,390 Per Annum
Location Westminster, London
Closing Date 06/09/2017
Recruitment Agency Jobs Go Public
- Experienced in working in a community engagement capacity?
- Organised and enjoy project management?
- Dedicated to working with vulnerable people?
- Looking for a varied and people focused role?
- Passionate about doing a job that makes a difference?
The Marylebone Project is one of the largest women’s hostels in the UK for women affected by homelessness. Those we support are often affected by substance misuse, unemployment, domestic violence and mental health issues. Whatever their story, we aim for the same ending; self-esteem, employment and independent living. We do this by providing shelter, education opportunities, spiritual space and events in a welcoming and secure environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity within the Project, giving lots of scope for creativity and development. Within this role you will be required to deliver outstanding service to women, providing involvement opportunities and structures at a Project and wider level.
You will be required to work in partnership to devise paths for formal qualifications and recognition for those involved in service delivery. This role is part of our Big Lottery funded TREES Project, which aims to enhance outcomes and opportunities for women.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a service which will really make a difference to women’s lives, and have the privilege to see them grow in confidence and skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of delivering service user involvement programmes, ideally within a supported accommodation context
- Be passionate in their work
- Possess excellent communication, networking and project management skills
- Be confident in public speaking and group discussions
- Be willing and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the women