This job requires
Salary £25,242 – £26,805 Per Annum
Location Ilford, London
Recruitment Agency Indeed
We are currently seeking three Family Support Workers with experience of working directly with families, children and young people supporting them to make positive change when faced with adverse and difficult circumstances.
One of the posts also requires specific experience of working directly with young people, for example in a mentoring role, where you have been able to improve their engagement in education and diversionary activities and this has reduced the risk of them becoming involved with negative influences.
Redbridge is a diverse borough. Working here, you will be given the opportunity to join a vibrant and dynamic frontline team that employs a multi-agency approach to achieve positive results for the families and the whole community.
Based at Albert Road Family Centre working in the Families Together team, you will be at the forefront of delivering the governments Troubled Families agenda which aims to turn around the lives of families facing complex difficulties. Redbridge is currently one of the higher performing boroughs within the Troubled Families program and we focus on families that present with at least two of the following difficulties:
- Parents and children involved in crime or anti-social behaviour.
- Children who have not been attending school regularly.
- Children who need help: children of all ages, who need help, are identified as in need or are subject to a Child Protection Plan.
- Adults out of work or at risk of financial exclusion or young people at risk of worklessness.
- Families affected by domestic violence and abuse.
- Parents and children with a range of health problems.
Through assertive working methods the team helps families to address their needs and the problems facing them – aiming for all families to become self-sufficient and able to sustain positive change. Accredited parenting programmes may be delivered and services (such as health, Job Centre Plus, etc) are brought in and coordinated around the family.
Family Support Workers provide intensive intervention to a caseload of some of the most vulnerable families in the Borough under close supervision of your line manager. This involves structured persistent support work and coordinating the day-to-day inputs of other agencies whilst tracking and evidencing the progress being made against the government requirements.
Adopting a persistent and tenacious outreach approach to engage families in their own homes, you will be required at times to undertake a whole family assessment focusing on the needs identified for all family members through integrated, multi-agency working and planning. The nature of the role means that flexible hours are needed including occasional evening and weekend work.
You will need
- experience of working with complex families in their own homes
- a strong background in assessing and managing risk
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working with the Troubled Families programme is desirable.
Interviews will be held on Friday 21st July 2017