LEVEL 3 – CERTIFICATE IN WORKING WITH VICTIMS, SURVIVORS AND WITNESSES RQF
Following this course will enable professionals to understand the principles of best practice in supporting victims, survivors and witnesses
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Understanding the support implications/li>
- Understanding how to respond to the needs and how to establishing the needs of victims, survivor and witnesses
|Mandatory||A||Communicate effectively with People whilst maintaining the security of information||15||3||3|
|Mandatory||A||Safeguarding Adults – A Level 4 Unit||20||4||5|
|Mandatory||A||Provide Initial Support to Victims & Witnesses||15||3||3|
|Mandatory||A||Promote Equality and Value Diversity||30||3||6|
|Optional||B||Contribute to the Effectiveness of Team Working||15||3||3|
|Optional||B||Develop Effective Working with Staff from other Agencies||15||3||3|
There are six units in total for this qualification that have been arranged in four Mandatory Units in group A and two Optional units in Group B. The learner is required to complete all Mandatory Units in group A and select 1 optional unit in group B to achieve a total of 20 Credits for this course. There is a total of 95 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
Why study with the LSTA?
Why gain a qualification?
Who is it for?
- Probation Services
- Prosecution Services
- Policing and Law Enforcement
- Community and Youth Work
- Courts and Tribunal Services
- Social Services
- Local Authority
- Health Services
- The Voluntary or Third Sector
- Residential Care
- Practitioners and Support Workers in Care Home Services
- Adult Day Care Services
- Housing Support Services
What support will you have?
How long will it take?
What level should I do?
What criteria do I have to meet?
- You will be looking to work or be working or volunteering in anyone of the Community Justice Sectors listed above, in an outreach or support or management role.
- You will have some experience and you may already supervise others or manage resources.
- You want to develop your skills further to take on more responsibility and would like to be considered for promotion
- Have been working in the sector for a number of years without a recognized qualification and therefore would like to gain a qualification.