LEVEL 3 – CERTIFICATE IN SUPPORTING SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
This course is fit for purpose for core practitioners, whilst also being appropriate and available for other practitioners involved in responding to domestic violence in all of its forms. It will also address the knowledge and skills requirements of volunteers, part-time and full-time workers on the ‘front-line’ and meet the needs of a wider workforce, i.e. those for whom working with survivors of domestic violence is not their mainstream activity, but need to be alert to domestic violence, including associated sexual abuse, and be able to take appropriate action.
|Mandatory||Understanding the Support Implications for Survivors of Domestic Violence||16||3||3|
|Mandatory||Understanding How to Respond to the Needs of Survivors of Domestic Violence||13||3||2|
|Mandatory||Establish the needs of Survivors of Domestic Violence||25||3||3|
The qualification comprises of three Mandatory Units, two of the Units are knowledge based and the other unit covers skills and knowledge. The qualification gives learners a total of 8 Credits and it consists of 54 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
Why study with the LSTA?
Why gain a qualification?
Who is it for?
- Probation Services
- Prosecution Services
- Policing and Law Enforcement
- Community and Youth Work
- Courts and Tribunal Services
- Social Services
- Local Authority
- Health Services
- The Voluntary or Third Sector
- Residential Care
- Practitioners and Support Workers in Care Home Services
- Adult Day Care Services
- Housing Support Services
What support will you have?
How long will it take?
What level should I do?
What criteria do I have to meet?
- You will be looking to work or be working or volunteering in anyone of the Community Justice Sectors listed above, in an outreach or support or management role.
- You will have some experience and you may already supervise others or manage resources.
- You want to develop your skills further to take on more responsibility and would like to be considered for promotion
- Have been working in the sector for a number of years without a recognized qualification and therefore would like to gain a qualification.